Welcome!

Informing the Latino Community Online on Issues Impacting Your Life

April 24, 2009

A Call to Service

President Obama is for our generation of Americans what President Kennedy represented to his generation back in the 60s. Although, when I joined the Peace Corps I wasn't inspired so much by the words of our former head of state, I was more inspired by my own intrinsic curiosity and roots to understand better the world we live in. So I decided that the best part of the world I could serve in , would be in our own hemisphere: Latin America.

After Peace Corps, I went onto grad school in Pittsburgh, there I continued my commitment to public service but at the domestic level as a member of a local Americorps program; while cruising through my first year, I served at a Pittsburgh inner city school as a teacher assistant aiding in Spanish and Technology subjects. The students, teachers, and staff were wonderful. The experience made my stay in Pittsburgh much more pleasant and rewarding during those two rigourous academic years.

Luckily, I also happen to know a Latina friend in DC who happened to be involved, hands on, crafting this legislation on the House side. She's an amazing public servant and I give her props for her amazing work in this line of work.


No comments:

Guestbook

Your Ad Here

Thanks for Visiting

Copyright Claim & Disclaimer

All content including images, instructions, ideas, designs, working and information posted on this Blog are Copyright of Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera. This does not apply to third party content borrowed from other sources, e.g. the White House's weekly address borrowed from their official YouTube channel, and others (including articles, videos, and more). Aside from that, all content we share is for non-commercial and personal use only. Original content written by members(Authors) of this blog is strictly prohibited to share for other than personal purposes. Please do not copy this content (text, pictures, others) and claim them as your own. If you would like to use any content on this blog and belonging to Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera, for a purpose other than personal, please email, latinosylatinasonlineblogera@gmail.com for permission. Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera doesn't claim credit for any images featured here unless otherwise noted. I try to give credit when I can. Most visual content is copyright to its owners. If you own rights to any of the images on my blog and do not wish for them to appear here, please contact me, and I will remove them as soon as possible.