Welcome!

Informing the Latino Community Online on Issues Impacting Your Life

August 02, 2009

Movie Recommendation: Raising Victor Vargas(2002)

Last night while in La Gran Manzana(The Big Apple), I saw this movie at a friend’s house: Raising Victor Vargas (2002). I remembered hearing about it three years ago from my good Dominican friend, who at the time was launching his own magazine venture in the Big Apple, though I admit I didn’t pay much attention back then. Now having watched it, I can see why Raising Victor Vargas is clearly a great film and a must-watch for every U.S. Latino youngster.

My own take on the movie maybe different than what many would simply categorize it as another “ghetto” movie with no substance—except, I could see a little bit of Victor in me growing up and struggling with the same issues of puberty, sexuality, and social pressure. I encourage you to check it out. If you do decide to see it, perhaps, you too might be able to identify with some of the same issues Victor experiences. Hope you like it and holler back if you do.

Check out the following links:

No comments:

Guestbook

Your Ad Here

Thanks for Visiting

Copyright Claim & Disclaimer

All content including images, instructions, ideas, designs, working and information posted on this Blog are Copyright of Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera. This does not apply to third party content borrowed from other sources, e.g. the White House's weekly address borrowed from their official YouTube channel, and others (including articles, videos, and more). Aside from that, all content we share is for non-commercial and personal use only. Original content written by members(Authors) of this blog is strictly prohibited to share for other than personal purposes. Please do not copy this content (text, pictures, others) and claim them as your own. If you would like to use any content on this blog and belonging to Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera, for a purpose other than personal, please email, latinosylatinasonlineblogera@gmail.com for permission. Latinos y Latinas Online Blogera doesn't claim credit for any images featured here unless otherwise noted. I try to give credit when I can. Most visual content is copyright to its owners. If you own rights to any of the images on my blog and do not wish for them to appear here, please contact me, and I will remove them as soon as possible.